Q: "I'm not a good test taker, now what?"
FINDING TEST-OPTIONAL POLICY SCHOOLS IN NAVIANCE:
1. Log in
2. Click the "College Tab"
3. On the top left hand side you will see "find colleges" and a search option. Look for, "More Search Options" and click
4. This will bring you to the "Advanced Finder" Scroll down and look for "College Groups"
5. Scroll through the College Groups and look for: SAT OPTIONAL and click
6. ALWAYS VERIFY with the college's admission center that the school is part of Test-Optional Policy.
7. Preview the other search options as well!
Q: What does Test-Optional Policy mean?
A: "This policy was designed for students who have demonstrated strong abilities in the classroom and who do not believe their standardized test scores accurately reflect their abilities."
Q: " How do I indicate that I would like to apply with this option?"
A: "Each school that participates in the Test-Optional Policy may have a different application and/or process to follow. Also, dates may vary for this application and other information (supplemental materials) may be required. ALWAYS contact ADMISSIONS for verification on what needs to be done. * Some schools will not let you reverse this option once you choose it as well. BE CAREFUL, DO YOUR RESEARCH!"
* For more information about Test-Optional Policy and other rationales for college admission search criteria, you may want to check out the following journal article:
Schmitt, N.(2012). Development of rationale and measures of noncognitive college student potential. Educational Psychologist, 47 (1), 18-29.
To link to this article: