JURY DUTY PROCEDURES
- When called for jury duty, an employee is compensated by the school district at his/her daily rate.
- Attach a copy of the jury duty summons to a completed Legal/Bereavement/Other Absence Request Form, and submit this to the building secretary.
- Following jury duty, an employee should:
- Sign over the check to Centennial School District, and submit the check to the building secretary, or;
- Cash/deposit the full jury duty check into his/her personal account, and then write a personal check payable to the Centennial School District for the daily rate ONLY paid by the court. Keep monies awarded for mileage. Submit the check to the building secretary. Building secretaries will forward the check to HR.
- A Legal/Bereavement/Other Absence Request Form with the summons attached is submitted to HR for approval.
- HR will notify the Building Secretary and Principal when the request is approved. HR will return the completed Request Form to the Building Secretary.
- When the Building Secretary receives the check, send the check to HR along with the approved Request Form.