College Credit Subsidy for Support Staff
The Board shall reimburse the cost for preapproved workshops related to job skills enhancement, or one-half the net tuition charges for university/college work taken with the approval of the Superintendent, but in no case will the reimbursement exceed $150 per credit. Net cost means the cost to the applicant after subtracting scholarships, grants, and other outside subsidies. Substitute employees shall not be eligible for this reimbursement.
- Processing of requests for tuition reimbursement:
- The Application for Coursework Approval form shall be completed by the employee and submitted to his/her immediate supervisor for approval prior to enrollment.
- Following approval, all applications shall be submitted to Human Resources.
- The Superintendent or designee shall consider the following:
- Course work or workshops shall be directly beneficial to improve the applicant’s job skills and have a direct benefit to the District.
- University/college courses meeting the criteria listed above shall be taken at accredited institutions.
- The Superintendent or designee’s decision regarding the approval or denial or the application for reimbursement shall be final.
- Reimbursement will be made for satisfactory completion of approved course work provided the individual submits the following to the Office of Human Resources:
- Transcript of course grade(s), B or better or certificate of completion
- Receipted bill for workshop or tuition cost
- Copy of approved Application
- Statement detailing scholarships, grants and other outside awards or subsidies.
- Employees must continue to be employed at Centennial School District for a period of two (2) years following reimbursement. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of reimbursement.