Welcome To Davis Elementary
Dr. Michael Devitt
phone #: 215-441-6000 x15002
I am thrilled to be joining the Davis community as we embark on this wonderful adventure of creating a school together. If ever I can be of assistance I enthusiastically encourage you to contact me in person, by phone or via e-mail.
I look forward to a wonderful and rewarding school year!
Favorite Quote (at least one of them):
Whatever you vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe, and enthusiastically act upon must inevitably come to pass.
Some People I Admire:
- President Obama
- JK Rowling
- Misty May Traynor and Kerry Walsh Jennings
- Kofi Annan
- Mary Scicchitano
- Melissa Nunn
- Dolores McAdams
Some Books I Loved to Read When I was in Elementary School:
- The Bobbsey Twins by Lilian Garris (and others?)
- The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien
- Swiss Family Robinson by Johann Weiss
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
Some Books I Loved to Read Aloud to my Kids:
- Just So Stories by Rudyard Kipling (especially the Elephant's Child with his 'satiable curiosity...down by the banks of the great grey green greasy Limpopo River all set about with fever trees...
- The Tale of Benjamin Bunny by Beatrix Potter (along with his associates Jemima Puddle-duck, Samuel Whiskers, Jeremy Fisher and, of course, Peter Rabbit)
- Winnie the Pooh by AA Milne (yes pooh... If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together... there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you)
- Harry Potter (or course...) by JK Rowling
- Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
- The Odyssey by Homer (may require a little editing but what a story!)